Skip to content
- Don’t be a dick. Avoid collisions, even if you think you are in the right and avoid screwing other sailors over if you can help it.
- Sailors heading out have right of way over sailors coming in.
- First sailor on the swell has right of way on that wave. i.e. you will get priority by sailing out back to pick up a swell over someone waiting further inside for the wave to form.
- If two sailors pick up the same swell at the same time the sailor closest to the peak takes priority, usually the most up-wind sailor.
- Don’t drop in on a wave someone is already riding.